Friday, October 21, 2016



Article found by clicking here.

This article can be found on the Smirkingchimp weblog site.

It is a commentary written by blogger William Rivers Pitt, in it, he discusses his thoughts and experiences while watching the 3rd Debate that was aired on 10/19/16.

I have not viewed the 3rd debate myself yet, I have watched some minutes on it from Youtube just now though, the comments he made about the debate, closely resemble some thoughts I had about the debate.

He described the whole debate as "a slow devolution into garbled nonsense". If I had continued to watch the entirety of it, that is likely what it would have turned into. Pitt also described some other things that happened within the day and week of the debate, including a wall of taco trucks surrounding the Trump Hotel in Las Vegas, and a bit about President Obama's Kenyan half-brother accepting an invitation from the Trump to attend the debate event.  I found that to be nice to include in the blog article, a nice addition of more details and stories about politics. I one day wish my house to be surrounded by taco trucks just as Trump's Hotel was, sounds more like a blessing than a hindrance. 

The vocabulary and diction of the article was friendly, formal. Appropriate to any audience, whether a Trump or Hillary supporter. Though at times, it might have appeared to be leaning more on the side of an article supporting Hillary subtly. 

All in all, I think its an adequate article to read into, the blog itself has many similar articles and posts by other bloggers. Seems like a good place to get opinionated, unbiased (to a degree) information about political events in the country of the USA.

No comments: